Thursday, August 25, 2011

ready for anything and everything

He is jealous for me
loves like a hurricane, I am a tree
bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.

I love the wind.  It's almost like I'm feeling the power of God in every gust, in every whirr as it whips over roofs and through trees.  No wonder we compare the presence of the Holy Spirit to this.  It is so invigorating, so moving.  Yes, Lord, I bow before You.

It's amazing to me that these same winds I'm enjoying on my porch are from a brutal and monstrous storm only a few hundred miles away in the Atlantic.

The wind just started picking up even more.  I'm watching sheets of rain suddenly thrown down from the troubled northeast skies.  It lasts just a few moments.  Now, back to the gusts and high-pitched whispers.

Looks like tonight the sky is heavy
Feels like the winds are gonna change
Beneath my feet, the earth is moving
I know it's time, for heaven's rain...it's gonna rain

And yes, I'm ready.  God has been my provider through this whole process.  He has reminded me again and again that He has a perfect plan and He knows what He is doing, even when a hurricane is offshore and headed towards where I am going.  This is His beautiful plan.  I am so ready.  My heart is overflowing even now...I wonder what happens when an overflowing heart gets flooded?  I'm ready to find out.

Cause it's living water we desire
Flood our hearts with holy fire

I have heard it from many people over the last few weeks...what God has for us--for me--is LIMITLESS.  The act of worship really is simply surrendering to Him and being open to receiving anything and everything He has in store.  "When we encounter the love of God...we'll never be the same."

Do not shut, do not shut, do not shut the heavens
But open up, open up, open up our hearts

Yes, I'm ready.

No comments: