Tuesday, January 4, 2011

new year's rez

Weight currently: 152 lbs
Weight gained in 2010: 10 lbs, approximately. (Very fitting.  Ha!  Well, unlike my clothes.)
Books read: 13 (Not too shabby! Many thanks to the accountability of a book club!)

I'm sure making new year's resolutions on January 4th doesn't really seem like such a great start, but the volumes of leftovers in the fridge from the holidays are finally depleted enough to make a fresh start now possible.  There is a complex reality that I have to contend with before I even pretend to begin some sort of diet.  First of all, I despise being wasteful.  Everything that is not on the diet must then be very diligently consumed beforehand.  Secondly, I am in love with tasty food.  Therefore, the best kinds of food must be enjoyed in abundance as a kind of last huzzah before the unfortunate desertion of fried and sugary goodness begins.

Okay, so the real reason I'm starting tomorrow is because I was given a piece of Carnegie cheesecake from New York tonight, and there was no way I was going to let that slice of divinity go uneaten--or, more likely, get eaten by my husband, which would have been so much more painful to endure--so here I am, feeling quite bloated and cow-like, ready to start my new year's rez four days late.  Yay for me!

I'm not usually a new year's resolution kind of person, but I actually feel like that this is good timing.  I've been wanting to do these things anyway, so why not start now and move them to the priority list?  So here goes...

11 REASONABLE GOALS FOR 2011:

1. Lose 11 pounds!
2. Eat healthier!
3. Exercise daily!
4. Read!
5. Write more!
6. Do more music!
7. Finish house projects!
8. Try painting and golf!
9. Work on quilt!
10. Make more "ME" time!
11. Maintain a clean, open house!

So what are yours?

No comments: