Monday, August 23, 2010

worship

I just spent several hours with my guitar.  My fingers are sore.  My heart is happy.

I have avoided getting involved in leading worship music for awhile.  After spending the vast majority of my life required to go to church and play and sing in front of everybody, I needed something different.  I needed to enjoy worshipping again--free from responsibility.  When Ryan and were about to be married, we knew we needed a church that wasn't a weekly chore to attend.  Our past churches, we knew, couldn't do that for us.  No offense, but we were tired and burned out.

God brought us to Vineyard Christian Fellowship.  You can't get much more random than that.  A dozen or so people gathered together like a house church, the pastoral figure sitting on a barstool up front talking to us like we just happened to bump into each other.  This is now our famiy, and is worth the agony of getting out of bed in the morning to participate in it.  It's worth it EVERY TIME.

I know God is calling me into music again.  I am a worshipper.  I love to soar musically into His glory, into the overwelming awe of Him.  I had lost this.  How are you supposed to enjoy being a worship leader if you forget how to worship?

I feel that it will be good this time.  It sometimes is a difficult job, and is definitely a responsibilty, but I know I was made to worship this way and to share this with my family.

I'm actually excited about it...that's how I know I'm ready.

No comments: